What is a Master Developer?
Click here to download this document
What is a master developer and why might Joplin need one?
A Master Developer IS:
- Someone who has dealt with large scale projects in the past (although our community will be a larger project than most).
- A partner with the capability to conduct the feasibility studies necessary to determine the market need and success of any project the city proposes.
- An entity that will bring resources in planning, development, finance and public-private partnerships to create a detailed redevelopment plan to facilitate and implement projects.
- A group that can develop some anchor projects in the devastated area that will be anchors for further development.
- A firm that will have a contractual agreement with the City of Joplin that will be performance based with guarantees to protect the community and its funding.
A Master Developer IS NOT:
- A master builder that will bring all of their own resources at the expense of local contractors and builders. The community will expect that a Master Development agreement will include local businesses.
- A single person. No one person has the experience or knowledge to succeed.
- Someone who will dictate our future after an agreement is signed. The community will always be in charge of its own recovery.
Partnering with a master developer is just one piece of the recovery effort.